The Constitutional Walking Tours
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia takes you on a walking journey through America’s most historic area – the birthplace of our nation. Step back in time to see where The Declaration of Independence and The United States Constitution were created. The Constitutional offers various types of tours:
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is an outdoor walking journey that provides a primary overview of the Independence National Historical Park area and visits more than 20 of the most historic sites in America’s Birthplace including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Franklin Court, Betsy Ross House and the National Constitution Center. To see the full tour map, click here.
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”School Group Trips and Programs- Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
The Constitutional Walking Tour provides academic adventures in our outdoor classroom in Historic Philadelphia that spark connections between classroom instruction and experiential out-of-classroom learning. We pride ourselves on making our nation’s history timely and relevant, and we accomplish this through authentic interpretation, interaction and education. Below are some of the services we offer for Schools & Educators.
- Guided Tours
- Yellow Fever Tour
- Scavenger Hunts
- Bus Tours
- Complete Itineraries and Trip Planning Assistance
- Teacher Resource Guide
Educational & Fun – U.S. History
As the leading provider of Field Trips to Historic Philadelphia, The Constitutional Walking Tour is fun and appropriate for all ages. The Constitutional’s field trip experience is a cross-curricular, standards-based program developed by teachers for teachers. We can assist you in integrating our tour into your academic curriculum, including American History, Social Studies, Pennsylvania History, Philadelphia History and annual Constitution Day programming (in September and October).
- Imagine – Step back in time to have your students walk in the Founding Fathers’ footsteps.
- Explore – Students get up close and personal with a “High-Definition Historical Experience.”
- Experience – Since Philadelphia is best seen by foot, The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is the best way to explore Historic Philadelphia, taking you behind the scenes to the places where other tour operators cannot venture.
- Learn – Have fun and learn simultaneously.
Field Trips of Historic Philadelphia
Field Trips for schools and camps can be arranged for almost anytime – weekday or weekend, day or evening. We can accommodate 1 or 500 walkers. We provide multiple in-house trained tour guides for an entertaining and informative tour, for children and chaperones alike. After you let us know when you want to visit and how many students and chaperones will be in attendance, we will handle everything else.
Since Philadelphia is best seen by foot, The Constitutional is the best way to explore America’s Birthplace, taking you behind the scenes to the places where other tours cannot venture. Get up close with a High-Definition Historical Experience™ and see more than 20 historic sites in 75 minutes on a 1.25 mile outdoor walking journey. We can also customize your tour depending upon your needs.
The Tour Guides
Our tour guides are passionate historians and Philadelphians who hail from top academic institutions. They have been trained in The Constitutional’s “Independence Immersion” curriculum focusing on Philadelphia’s history, tourist attractions, and sharing of best practices in terms of customer service, public speaking and storytelling. Our guides bring Philadelphia’s history alive.
The following student group rates are available for parties of 25 or more:
- Students: $11.00
- Adults: $14.00 (We recommend 1 chaperone for every 10-15 students)
Additional Resources For Your All-American Tour:
- Trip planning and itinerary assistance
- Special teacher call center hours, before and after school – 215.525.1776
- Teacher Resource Guide – supplement the experience, before, during and after the field trip
- Combination packages with the African American Museum & Spirits of ’76 Ghost Tour
- Free Certificates of Achievement
- Constitution Day Resources & American Freedom Essay Contest
- Food recommendations
- Driving directions
- Bus drop-off & parking instructions
- Bus Driver Survival Guide
- Full City Tour – The Constitutional Bus Tour on your school bus
- Patriotic picnics & box lunches
- Field trip grant information
To book your school field trip, please contact us:
View the Audio Tour Map
See more Than 20 Historic Sites in a 75 minute 1.25 mile journey including:
- Independence Hall
- The Liberty Bell Center
- Betsy Ross House
- National Constitution Center
- Declaration House
- Carpenters’ Hall
- Franklin Court
- Christ Church Burial Ground
- The First Bank of the U.S.
- Congress Hall
- Old City Hall
- Christ Church
- Second Bank of the U.S.
P.O. Box 2066
Philadelphia, PA 19103
TOUR MEETING LOCATION
The Constitutional Walking Tour starts and ends at the National Constitution Center at 525 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Tours meet at the 3 large stone benches immediately outside the main entrance to the National Constitution Center.