The Clay Pot
The Clay Pot is a unique pottery studio where Imagination and Creativity Come Together. We are a friendly, fun, and fully functional pottery studio offering classes and hosting of group events and parties. We welcome painting walk-ins, children and families, serious students, or just people who want to dive into the imaginative world of clay creation.
The Clay Pot is the dream of potter Martin Talavera and is a family run studio located in Spotswood, New Jersey. Our doors opened in 2008 and since that first day the studio has grown with the support of staff, students, and the local community. Our studio gift shop features finished pieces by Martin Talavera and resident artists. We also offer gift certificates for classes and lessons—a perfect birthday or holiday gift for all those budding artists out there. We do not currently offer phone or internet bookings.
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”School Group Trips and Programs- Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
Groups and Field Trips
Outings at The Clay Pot are a fun way for groups, friends, or co-workers to share creative experiences and to learn about the art of pottery. Scout troops, summer camps, and schools can have their groups come and paint. Friends or co-workers can get together for a relaxing evening of creativity. There are hundreds of items available to paint—plates, mugs, plaques, figurines, and more!
Field trips last an hour.
Group outings are available Monday thru Friday during our studio hours.
Prices vary depending on the size of the groups and items chosen to paint. You pick the price and we offer ideas to fit your budget, such as plates, bowls, small vases, cups/mugs, and more. Reserve a date today! A non-refundable $25 registration fee is required. No internet or telephone bookings. A live wheel demonstration may be added for $25.00.
Painting Craft Ideas
- Wedding Favors: Get together to paint gifts for your wedding, picture frames, plaques, vases…
- Showers: Bridal or baby, celebrate your shower with us and paint a unique keepsake items, figurines, picture frames, vases, bowls…
- Holidays: Celebrate the holidays by painting unique items such as ornaments, jack-o-lanterns, plaques, bowls, mugs…
- Personalized Gifts for family or friends: vases, plaques, figurines…
- Just Because: You don’t have to have a theme or reason to get together—any unfinished piece displayed in our studio can become a personalized keepsake!
Monday – Friday: 10am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 3pm