What makes us who we are? What makes Skytop the perfect Poconos destination? Is it the 5,500 acres of natural wonder? Our storybook setting? The endless experiences and adventures like the hiking, the Tree Top Adventure Center, or the world-class dining? Perhaps it’s our accommodations? The old-world charm of the Lodge, the Inn, or the Cottages? Or the fact that a world of wonders is right here, so far away from it all yet so close.
Skytop is the perfect Poconos experience. Blending natural wonder with breathtaking beauty, impeccable service and world-class amenities, Skytop stands alone as the premier Pocono Mountains resort. With family, with friends, or with that one you can’t live without, we invite you to experience Skytop for yourself. Schedule your time at the top today.
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”School Group Trips and Programs- Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
SkyTop Lodge for School Groups Grades 1 – 12
“Up here you get the feeling your on top of the world”
Planning your next group or class trip? The Adventure Center at Skytop Lodge is the perfect location. Set on a 5,500 acre estate, Skytop offers a plethora of skill-challenging activities. Adventurers will enjoy our 30-foot rock climbing wall and our Tree Top Adventure Zipline Course, set up in the trees of the forest or battle for supremacy on one of our Paintball fields. Experience the rush of leading your own pack of dogs on one of our dogsleds. Other activities like archery, horseshoes, tennis, and guided nature walks are a great way to get out doors and test your skills. Explore the many things to do in the Pocono Mountains at Skytop Lodge! Skytop Lodge makes a wonderful location for planning your next graduation trip or hosting your next prom or project graduation. With so much to so and over 5500 acres at your disposal, we offer endless possibilities to make your next event a memorable one!
Skytop Lodge is a member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America and sits on a 5,500 acre estate in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. Skytop boasts 193 guestrooms and an abundance of recreation – indoor and out! Come for the day or spend a night to truly savor the Skytop experience.
Visit the new Adventure Center at Skytop and challenge your skills on a 30-foot rock climbing wall, find your “inner-monkey” on our new Tree Top Adventure Course, battle for supremecy on one of our Paintball fields, or try your hand at Geocaching. And don’t forget archery, horseshoes, tennis, and guided nature walks. Explore the many things to do in the Poconos at Skytop Lodge!
Watch a short video on our exciting Adventure Center![youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTu2Tw6gCI%5D
Come Live the Adventure with these thrilling adventures:
- Treetop Zipline & Challenge Course – Soar through the treetops nestled in Skytop’s 5,500 acre Pocono Mountain estate. The course is securely suspended 10 to 50 feet off the ground with a total course length of over 3,000 feet!
- Paintball – Paintball is an exhilarating, fast paced sport that is quickly becoming a favorite across the nation. The featured activity of the Adventure Center, paintball is a great way for anyone 10 and up to release some stress and unlock their inner warrior. Several different fields are featured, ranging from natural environments to themed battlegrounds. So gather your friends, family and coworkers…and shoot at them.
- Rock Climbing- Give your family a new sense of freedom and adventure. We feature a 33-foot, custom-built wall with a real rock look and feel. Our six-sided wall progresses from beginner to advanced climbing challenges, which allow for climbers of all ages and abilities to take part in the excitement. Each climber is belayed and instructed by an Adventure Center staff member. Sessions start every hour, on the hour. Classes are also available for those who want to learn the proper safety information, equipment and skills to become a more avid rock climber.
- Laser Tag – Indoor laser tag is an excellent activity for groups of all ages and a great way to enjoy some family fun–rain or shine. The field features inflatable bunkers resembling oil drums, wooden crates, walls and even an army tank. Each player uses an interactive Barracuda laser tag gun in games that vary from free-for-all battles to team play. Private games are also available.
- Whitewater Rafting – Experience a day of pure outdoor fun on the nearby Lehigh River Gorge. Your exclusive 4-hour rafting adventure includes dozens of fun-filled rapids, fabulous wilderness scenery, a scrumptious on-river Skytop boxed lunch, and the personal attention of your very own river guide. You’ll laugh. You’ll scream. And you’ll soak yourself silly on this awesome whitewater rafting trip…made even better by a special whitewater dam release! That means extra water, bigger rapids, and more fun than ever! There are lots of Class II and Class III rapids, which mean plenty of action for experienced rafters and great fun for first-timers, too! Limited space and limited dates – reserve soon!
- Mountain Biking – Learn to conquer the rock gardens, bridges, and tight turns of Skytop’s mountain biking trails. Go ride with an Adventure Center instructor or rent a mountain bike for your own personal riding experience. The class and rental fee both include an approved mountain biking helmet, which is required when using any of the mountain biking trails at Skytop.
- Wilderness Skills Class – Classes offered by the Adventure Center staff cover an array of survival skills, from fire building to the use of medicinal plants and improvised shelter construction. Every class is different and can be customized to cover the topics and the skills that interest each individual group.
- Geocaching and GPS Basics – Explore the basics of navigating with a Global Positioning Satellite unit in a 30-minute class. Then discover the delights of Geocaching as you use your new skills to find Skytop’s hidden caches. Minimum age is 13 years old without an adult participant.
- Outback UTV Tours – Experience our 5,500 acres on a guided Outback UTV Tour. This unique adventure will take you on an exploration of a variety of wildlife and foliage, including breathtaking views form West Mountain and Indian Ladder Falls. Learn interesting facts from your tour guide that make Skytop a truly unique destination. Tours available from 1-2 hours.
- Grand March
- Tree Top Adventure Course
- Lawn Bowling
- Indoor & Outdoor pool, and beach
- Paddle Tennis
- Nature & Wildlife Programs
- Guided Nature Walks
- Yoga on the Trail
- History Walks
- Row boats
- Paddle Boats
- Indoor & Outdoor Swimming
- Camp in the Clouds
- Children’s Activities
- Afternoon Tea
- Reptile & Amphibian Talk & Feedings
- Art Classes
- Hay Rides
- And more!
[showhide type="pressrelease" more_text="Winter Activities at Skytop Lodge" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
SKYTOP SKI SCHOOL
Ski or ride your way down our gentle slopes with a vertical drop of 295 feet. Or if you prefer to get your heart racing among the beautiful Pocono Mountains, embark on a cross-country skiing adventure, traveling trails from Indian Ladder Falls to Goose Pond to back-country routes.
The best thing about a ski getaway to Skytop is that every guest receives a COMPLIMENTARY LIFT TICKET AND SHUTTLE!
Because Skytop prides itself on our natural environment, all winter activities are weather permitting. Ski and snowboard rentals are available, and lessons are offered to “Little Flurries” ages 2 to 4, through Skytop’s Ski School.
Skytop Ski School
Take advantage of Skytop Lodge’s professional Ski School for adults and children as young as two years old! Snowboarding lessons are also available from age 7 and up. Find more information on our Ski School here.
From the very beginning, dog sledding has been a part of the Skytop experience. You can follow in our founders’ tracks through the Pocono mountains, except up here, you can do it year-round. We offer sleds in the winter and carts or UTV’s in the summer. Join us for training and to learn about how our huskies live up here at Skytop. As you can imagine, they live pretty well.
Glide across the ice and float your way to the top. Strap on a pair of blades and polish your ice skating skills at our outdoor, weather-protected rink. Fun for the entire family! Our weekend Late Night Candle Light Skate is a Skytop tradition that will create memories you’ll cherish forever! Skate rentals are available.
Ice skating opens on Thanksgiving, and stays open through winter. Call for more information.
When the temperatures are cold enough, and our lake is frozen over – come feel the rush of the run. Just one more reason to love the winter wonderland at Skytop Lodge!
Morning and Afternoon sessions are available, Saturday and Sunday only.
Get out and see the great outdoors, no matter what the weather! Trek the back country on a snowshoe adventure!
[showhide type="links" more_text="Lodging & Dining at Skytop Lodge" less_text="Hide Information"]
Skytop Lodge offers a selection of Poconos lodging and accommodations that are as unique as the needs of our guests. And they’re all designed to reflect the colors and textures of the landscape, creating a seamless harmony with the environment.
Every exquisite detail contributes to this charming retreat, from sumptuous bed linens to ornately crafted furniture. And many rooms offer resplendent views from a porch or balcony, from the sweeping vistas of the Poconos golf course to tranquil Skytop Lake to the sun-kissed flowers, majestic mountains and immaculate grounds.
Staying with us is truly an experience. Rates include your room, three meals per person daily, and access to a number of activities.
Your choices to stay at the top include:
The Main Lodge
Treasured for nearly a century, The Main Lodge at Skytop offers spacious suites and unique, on-site pleasures. Learn more
The Inn Standing over our award-winning Pocono Mountains Golf Course, the Inn at Skytop offers elegantly appointed guest rooms and executive suites. Learn more
These are picture-perfect Poconos cottages, ideal for families and friends looking to make the most of their time together. Learn more
Stream Side Cottages
Available with stream, golf, or Lodge views, our Stream Side Cottage accommodations are decorated in the contemporary style. Learn more
Let us know how we can deliver the perfect Poconos experience at Skytop. Learn more
Skytop offers a feast for the senses. Sights, sounds, smells, textures, and tastes all come together through the scenery, the surroundings, and, of course, the cuisine.
Whether it’s lunch, brunch, dinner, or drinks and dessert, you can savor every moment and meal at Skytop. Our dining options include:
Windsor Dining Room
Located in the Main Lodge, the Windsor Dining room offers contemporary cuisine in a classic setting. Learn more
A seasonal restaurant looking over Skytop’s 18-hole championship-level golf course, Skytop’s LakeView restaurant is revered by many. Learn more
Located in the Inn at Skytop and overlooking Skytop’s first tee, the Fairview Bar is the perfect place to gather before or after your round of golf or for an intimate gathering with family and friends. Learn more
Casual lunches, afternoon or after-dinner cocktails, or late-night conversations over a Pennsylvania craft beer or cognac Skytop’s Tap Room is open from noon to midnight. Learn more
Milkshakes, ice cream or simple, popular snacks, all your favorites are available at the Skytop Tea Room. Learn more
Wherever you choose to dine with us, we ask that you help us uphold an atmosphere of elegance. More formal attire is required for the Windsor Dining Room. Our LakeView Restaurant and the Inn at Skytop are more casual, but still refined.
[calendarizeit venue="(PA) Skytop Lodge"]
Why Skytop Stands Alone:
- All-inclusive packages including dining and most recreational activities. View Specials.
- 5,500 acres of stunning scenery.
- Accommodations including The Lodge , The Inn, and Skytop Cottages.
- Endless adventures including an award-winning 18-hole golf course , a Poconos Adventure Center, downhill and cross-country skiing, more than 30 miles of hiking trails, biking, children’s activities, kayaking, paintball, fishing, ropes courses, rifle shooting — you name it, it’s here.
- Diverse and delicious dining opportunities in the Windsor Dining Room, Lakeview Dining Room, Tap Room, Tea Room.
- All encompassing packages for family reunions and gatherings, weddings and honeymoons, business meetings, and corporate retreats.
- Sensational spa experiences to revitalize your mind, body, and spirit.
- Year-round special events celebrating music, cuisine, the arts, adventures, and more.
- Special packages promoting simple girlfriend getaways or Pocono weekend vacations.
- Gift certificates that allow others to share in the experience.
It’s all of this, and more. Find out for yourself. Book now. And learn more about this world unlike any other.