The Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex is a 28-acre waterfront sports village located between 17th and 23rd Streets along Manhattan’s Hudson River. Situated on Piers 59, 60 and 61 and in the headhouse that connects them, the complex features the following sports and entertainment venues:
- The Golf Club
- The Sports Center Health Club
- Sky Rink (dual hockey rinks)
- Field House
- 300 New York Bowling
- Several event spaces, a maritime center and production studios.
Chelsea Piers is located adjacent to Chelsea Cove Park, in the heart of Hudson River Park. The bikeway/walkway runs parallel to the Piers and the popular High Line is located one block east of Chelsea Piers.
With 80,000 square feet of fun, the Field House is the perfect location for your next school trip. The Field House can accommodate groups of 10 to 250, from elementary school to high school. Field trip activities include basketball, volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, whiffle ball, flag football, batting cages, gladiator games, rock climbing and gymnastics. For more info, visit us at the Chelsea Piers Field House.
At New York’s only year-round indoor twin ice rinks, school groups can enjoy a fun-filled day at one of the “coolest” places in town. Skate rentals are included. For more info, visit The Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers for Group Visits.
Field Trip Features
- Activity Options: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Dodgeball, Whiffle Ball, Flag Football, Batting Cages, Gladiator Games, Rock Climbing and Gymnastics
- Staff and equipment included
- Complimentary admission for all teachers/chaperon’s
- Healthy lunch can be coordinated on-site
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="College Group Programs - Click Here" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
College Students at Chelsea Piers
The Sports Center health club, NYC’s premier gym, offers a reduced membership rate for current students. The Sports Center features a 6-lane, 25-yard swimming pool, 3 basketball courts, boxing ring, indoor sand volleyball court, rock climbing wall, ¼-mile indoor track, state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment and over 100 group fitness classes per week.
For more info about Membership, visit Chelsea Piers Membership Page or call 212.336.6000
The Sports Center is definitely not your average neighborhood gym or fitness club. With more state-of-the-art sports facilities than any other club in New York City, and programs taught by many of the country’s top sports and fitness instructors, the Sports Center will inspire you to achieve all of your sports and fitness goals. New Year’s Resolutions are easy to keep at the Sports Center, because members are never bored. Many members join for one of our major sports amenities — such as the pool, the track, the boxing ring or our status as the only USA Triathlon Certified Training Center in the Northeast — but they stay because of the diversity of offerings and the caring staff that challenges, encourages and supports our exceptional community of dedicated members.
Chelsea piers Sports Center Health club Programs
- Indoor Pool & Aquatics Programs: We offer aquatics programs and training opportunities for swimmers of all experience levels, from beginners to elite competitors. Our impressive roster of accomplished aquatics trainers are adept at many different training modalities.
- Basketball: The Sports Center boasts three full-sized, hardwood basketball courts for both pick-up games and individual shooting. Plus, with personal trainers available for basketball training and tailored conditioning workout programs, the indoor courts are a flexible workout and training space. Whether you’re working on your foul shots or need a fun way to break a sweat, the Sports Center hardwood court infield is the perfect place to work on your game.
- Boxing Ring & Training Circuit: The Sports Center’s world-class boxing training program is led by highly skilled boxing instructors with years of competitive and training experience. Members enjoy both group classes and one-on-one training sessions in the regulation-sized boxing ring and full training circuit.Whether you plan to enter the boxing ring and compete, or simply want to add something new to your workout routine, the Sports Center’s boxing classes/lessons are a great place to start.
- Cycle Studio: The Sports Center’s Cycle Studio is perched on the mezzanine level along the catwalk to the pool and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass windows. This innovative new Cycle Studio features 35 Keiser bikes, a state-of-the-art Suunto heart rate monitor system, 60″ televisions to guide you up and down hills, a new sound system and beautiful views of the Hudson River. Our roster of talented Cycle instructors motivates Sports Center members through challenging and exciting workouts.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Wall: The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan is home to one of the largest indoor rock climbing gyms in New York City, and one of the most challenging rock walls in the country. The 46′ high by 100′ wide main wall, the 14′ high by 70′ wide bouldering wall and the adjacent 16′ high by 18′ wide bouldering cave offer over 11,000 square feet of sculpted, three-dimensional imprint climbing surface with numerous, and continually changing climbing routes that will challenge novice and expert climbers alike. In addition, a radically designed, over-hung competition roof provides experienced climbers with the ultimate challenge.
- Track & Running Programs: If running on the treadmill isn’t enough, the Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers features a 1/4-mile indoor running track and banked 200-meter competition track, with plenty of space to perfect your stride inside. Your membership at the Sports Club means you can stay on track year-round! Work out and train inside on our specially-cushioned Mondo surface — the surface of choice for both the Olympic Games and the World Track & Field Championships.
- Indoor Sand Volleyball: New York City’s only indoor sand volleyball court is available year-round for both pick-up games and unique cross-training regimens. Members enjoy unparalleled fitness benefits from the indoor sand volleyball court, including fine-tuning skills for the warm summer months, and using the sand as a resistance tool for running, fitness training and rehabilitation. Additionally, learn-to-play beach volleyball classes are held throughout the year, as well as open volleyball play. The adjacent hardwood basketball court doubles as a regulation-sized indoor volleyball court.
- Triathlon Training: The Sports Center, a USAT-certified Training Center, offers triathlon training programs for every level of athlete, from novice to expert, by offering a variety of levels, instructional forums, and individualized programming. Athletes are encouraged to pursue and attain his or her individual goals. With a 25-yard, 6-lane pool, 1/4-mile indoor track, spinning studio, new Keiser spin bikes and a location alongside the Hudson River Park bikeway/walkway, the Sports Center at Chelsea Piers is uniquely qualified to provide the most comprehensive triathlon-training program in New York City.
- Pilates Training: Are you looking to increase core strength to help you in other sports? Have you tried other Pilates studios in New York City, but want something more? Then check out the wide range of Pilates training classes and programs available at the Sports Center.
- Yoga: The Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers offers high quality yoga instruction and a comprehensive program of yoga classes that is comparable to New York City’s best yoga studios, but with all the additional benefits of a major sports club and gym membership. Our yoga classes are taught by highly experienced yoga instructors who specialize in an assortment of yoga disciplines, in spacious and sunny studios. In the summer, yoga classes are also held on the sundeck or on a nearby pier overlooking the Hudson River. The Sports Center offers over 20 yoga classes per week.
Members receive a variety of benefits from the Sports Center’s sponsors and preferred partners. Click on the links below to discover the wide range of benefits members can enjoy. An added value for Students joining the Chelsea Piers Sports Complex.
There’s so much to see and do at Madame Tussauds! Get up close and personal with over 220 life-like wax figures of the biggest stars and icons in entertainment, sports and history. From Marilyn to Madonna to Gaga, there is a star for every generation. Experience the magic of our Cinema 4D theatre, delivering 3D technology with the latest in 4D special effects! Scare yourself silly with the dark side of Madame Tussauds in SCREAM, our live-actor filled experience, and celebrate New York’s greatest icons in The Spirit of New York! Located in the heart of Times Square, no visit to NYC is complete until you’ve experienced the world famous Madame Tussauds.
[showhide type="links" more_text="College Group Trips and Programs" less_text="Hide Information (%s More Words)"]
Madame Tussauds New York for College Groups
Madame Tussauds is the best place to visit for groups of ALL ages!
Have yourself and others travel into time as they are able to see and touch prominent figures in history.
With over 225 figures, Madame Tussauds New York provides visitors with an entertaining and educational opportunity to experience the world’s most fascinating celebrities, influential world leaders, historical figures and sports icons.
With a number of interactive experiences such as our Marvel 4D Film and Experience, Spirit of New York, Sports Zone, Scream! a live-actor haunted experience, and much more, this is one New York destination you must see!
Combine learning and fun
Madame Tussauds is dedicated to the meticulous art of sculpting and working with wax to create life-size, three dimensional figures of the most popular celebrities from the worlds of film, television, music, politics, history, sports and the arts from yesterday and today. Have your students travel into time as they are able to see and touch prominent figures in history.
Take advantage of our FREE Teaching Resources.
Groups of 15 or more receive great discounts year- round!
With a group minimum of 15, take advantage of our discounted student group rates.
Book Your Group Now!
Get 1 FREE Ticket for every 20 paid tickets!
- Call 1.866.841.3660 Monday – Fridays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax a completed Group Booking Request Form to 212.719.9442
Want more? Our intimate Educational Workshops will give your students the chance to discuss with a Madame Tussauds representative the art of creating our life-like wax figures or our business and marketing strategies.
Our Educational Workshops allow your students to immerse themselves in the amazing world of Madame Tussauds. Usually offered to groups between 9:00am to 10.00am, our workshops include a 45-minute interactive presentation in our state of the art Cinema 4D theater, giving your groups a once in a lifetime experience in one of the most renowned wax attractions in the world.
Workshop General Information
Duration of visit with seminar: 2½- 3 hours
Cost: Additional $5.00 per person
Availability: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 10:00am (based on availability) to groups of 20 to 135 people (Small groups may be accommodated during weekdays based upon availability).
What the Workshop Includes:
- See if you can tell who is real in our game of “Real or Wax”.
- A brief history on Marie Grosholtz Tussaud dating back to the French Revolution.
- A presentation done by a key member of our staff on the specific subject area.
- Question & Answer Session.
Cinema 4D Theatre at Madame Tussauds (Above)
Since the studios where the sculptors work are not open to the public, few people know how our exquisite figures are created.
Over the years, hundreds of celebrities have made their way through Madame Tussauds’ “Stage Door” to the sittings studio, built specially to ensure privacy and confidentiality. Our Studio Secrets Seminar takes you behind the closed doors into a Studio Sitting. Learn about this fascinating process, from the private sitting with the celebrity subject, hundreds of precise measurements, photographs to the impeccable craftsmanship and dedication to artistic perfection.
The Studio Secrets Workshop is the perfect introduction to a Madame Tussauds visit and can be tailored to younger students or adults.
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="Explore the Exhibits at Madame Tussauds" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
Explore the Exhibits at Madame Tussauds
Marvel Super Heroes 4D
Step inside the top secret command center to unlock your powers alongside the Hulk, Spider Man and more. Pass their tests and advance to the thrilling finale, the Marvel Super Heroes Cinema 4D Experience.
The Spirit of New York
Experience The Spirit of New York, celebrating New York’s greatest icons and unforgettable moments. From classic movie scenes to moments that lifted spirits and shook history, immerse yourself in everything that is New York.
Take your spot on the court, challenge a friend to a friendly game of tennis, box with Evander, and stand on the sidelines with Eli! Don’t miss our interactive sports experience!
B&H TV Studio
Step inside the shoes of a news anchor in the B&H TV Studio Experience as wax figures of award-winning journalists look on.
Find out more
Opening Night Party
Snap! Flash! Get past the sea of cameras and make a grand entrance to the star studded Opening Night Party. Get the latest gossip from the rich and famous. Be careful not to get caught in the tabloids, the paparazzi are relentless!
Behind the velvet ropes of the VIP Club, you are transported inside New York City’s hottest nightclub. No tough security or pretentious doorman, just mention that you are on Gaga’s list.
Time travel may not be possible, but you can dive into a chronological journey showcasing cultural influences through the decades. Meet some of the world’s greatest sports and entertainment icons.
Looks like you made a wrong turn. It’s really dark here. Follow the light and you’ll be safe, right? You are deep within the mirror maze, where your fears will be unearthed. SCREAM!
The world’s most historical summit has begun and the greatest thinkers, artists and leaders await your arrival. Before you rewrite history, take a few moments to rub elbows with our historical guests.
Strike a pose with some of Bollywood’s best loved stars. Some of the biggest names in Indian cinema can be found right here!
Parties – Fun, Unique, Memorable!
The world renowned Madame Tussauds is the perfect place for your event! If you want your guests to walk away with an exceptional experience unlike any other look no further than Madame Tussauds.
With a wide range of venue options, we have set the stage for creating the most dramatic backdrop for your event. Whether it’s an exclusive attraction buyout for up to 1,200 or an intimate gathering for 10 specially invited guests, let us entertain you.
With 85,000 square feet of venue space, over 200 figures to meet AND located in the “heart” of Time Square within walking distance to all Broadway theaters and major subway lines; there’s nowhere else like it in New York! Unique and interactive, constantly changing and always forward thinking so no two events are ever the same.
- Graduation End of Year
- Pre and Post Theatre Events
- Movie Screenings
- Birthday Celebrations
- Scavangers Hunts
- Team Building
[calendarizeit venue=”(NY) Madame Tussauds”]
Started almost 20 years ago in a warehouse in Boston next to the “Old” Boston Garden – Boston Paintball is in it’s Fourth and FINAL location in the Parkway Plaza in Chelsea Ma. It has been a long road, one could say this has been 20 years in the making. Boston Paintball largest indoor playing facility in New England by far since 1992. Conveniently located off of Rte. 1 in Chelsea MA near the Parkway Plaza next to Home Depot. Easily accessible from Commuter Rail (Chelsea). We cater to players of all skill levels and specialize in first time players.
[showhide type="links" more_text="Group Packages and Booking" less_text="Hide Information"]
10 Person Group Rate
15 Person Group Rate
25 Person Group Rate
How to Reserve
Here’s a question we get all the time: Are there any indoor Rock wall climbing places in New Jersey? The answer is yes! The New Jersey Rock Gym in West Fairfield NJ is an awesome rock gym, if we’ve ever seen one! New Jersey Rock Gym is recognized as the area’s premier indoor climbing center, featuring state of the art climbing equipment. The gym offers the opportunity for climbers of all abilities to challenge and enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment. Our facilities include:
- Over 12,000 square feet of climbing terrain
- 4,000 square feet of dedicated bouldering
- 41 top rope stations
- Giant lead roof with room for up to five climbers at one time
- The largest free standing Boulder Island in New Jersey with challenging features, rappelling tower, and observation deck
- Bouldering Tunnel will follow-along ramp permits a climber to ascent up to 25′ without a rope
- Private refreshment room
- Climbers lounge with WiFi
- Pro Shop
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”College Group Trips – Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
Bored with conventional workouts? Welcome to indoor rock climbing, an exciting alternative to stepping, spinning and pumping iron. Contrary to popular belief, climbing isn’t just for elite athletes. Climbing increases endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance. And whatever your level of fitness or experience, climbing’s fun.
We offer instructional classes throughout the week for adults and children covering all aspects of the sport of rock climbing. Our goal is to provide families with a safe and friendly climbing environment while introducing children to the sport in a fun and exciting way. Our classes also provide the more serious-minded climber with outstanding climbing routes.
Top rope climbing is probably what pops into your head when you think of rock climbing. The climber ties in, while a person called the belayer controls the other end of the rope. With a reservation, we can set you up with a Staff Belayer, who will manage the ropes for up to four(4) people for an hour or more. If you want to learn to belay, we offer two-hour Belay Classes several times per week for ages 15 and up. You’ll learn knots, commands, belaying and basic climbing technique. Included with the class is a one-week trial membership, allowing you to come back and practice your skills with all the gear included! If you need a partner, check out our Partner Page for listings.
Youth Climbing Programs
Fridays: High School Night
High school students climb for $6.50 after 6:00pm; $3.00 additional for gear
Mondays: College Night
College students 22 and under climb for $6.50; $3.00 additional for gear