Sports and Games
Sports and Games
The Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex is a 28-acre waterfront sports village located between 17th and 23rd Streets along Manhattan’s Hudson River. Situated on Piers 59, 60 and 61 and in the headhouse that connects them, the complex features the following sports and entertainment venues:
- The Golf Club
- The Sports Center Health Club
- Sky Rink (dual hockey rinks)
- Field House
- 300 New York Bowling
- Several event spaces, a maritime center and production studios.
Chelsea Piers is located adjacent to Chelsea Cove Park, in the heart of Hudson River Park. The bikeway/walkway runs parallel to the Piers and the popular High Line is located one block east of Chelsea Piers.
With 80,000 square feet of fun, the Field House is the perfect location for your next school trip. The Field House can accommodate groups of 10 to 250, from elementary school to high school. Field trip activities include basketball, volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, whiffle ball, flag football, batting cages, gladiator games, rock climbing and gymnastics. For more info, visit us at the Chelsea Piers Field House.
At New York’s only year-round indoor twin ice rinks, school groups can enjoy a fun-filled day at one of the “coolest” places in town. Skate rentals are included. For more info, visit The Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers for Group Visits.
Field Trip Features
- Activity Options: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Dodgeball, Whiffle Ball, Flag Football, Batting Cages, Gladiator Games, Rock Climbing and Gymnastics
- Staff and equipment included
- Complimentary admission for all teachers/chaperon’s
- Healthy lunch can be coordinated on-site
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="College Group Programs - Click Here" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
College Students at Chelsea Piers
The Sports Center health club, NYC’s premier gym, offers a reduced membership rate for current students. The Sports Center features a 6-lane, 25-yard swimming pool, 3 basketball courts, boxing ring, indoor sand volleyball court, rock climbing wall, ¼-mile indoor track, state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment and over 100 group fitness classes per week.
For more info about Membership, visit Chelsea Piers Membership Page or call 212.336.6000
The Sports Center is definitely not your average neighborhood gym or fitness club. With more state-of-the-art sports facilities than any other club in New York City, and programs taught by many of the country’s top sports and fitness instructors, the Sports Center will inspire you to achieve all of your sports and fitness goals. New Year’s Resolutions are easy to keep at the Sports Center, because members are never bored. Many members join for one of our major sports amenities — such as the pool, the track, the boxing ring or our status as the only USA Triathlon Certified Training Center in the Northeast — but they stay because of the diversity of offerings and the caring staff that challenges, encourages and supports our exceptional community of dedicated members.
Chelsea piers Sports Center Health club Programs
- Indoor Pool & Aquatics Programs: We offer aquatics programs and training opportunities for swimmers of all experience levels, from beginners to elite competitors. Our impressive roster of accomplished aquatics trainers are adept at many different training modalities.
- Basketball: The Sports Center boasts three full-sized, hardwood basketball courts for both pick-up games and individual shooting. Plus, with personal trainers available for basketball training and tailored conditioning workout programs, the indoor courts are a flexible workout and training space. Whether you’re working on your foul shots or need a fun way to break a sweat, the Sports Center hardwood court infield is the perfect place to work on your game.
- Boxing Ring & Training Circuit: The Sports Center’s world-class boxing training program is led by highly skilled boxing instructors with years of competitive and training experience. Members enjoy both group classes and one-on-one training sessions in the regulation-sized boxing ring and full training circuit.Whether you plan to enter the boxing ring and compete, or simply want to add something new to your workout routine, the Sports Center’s boxing classes/lessons are a great place to start.
- Cycle Studio: The Sports Center’s Cycle Studio is perched on the mezzanine level along the catwalk to the pool and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass windows. This innovative new Cycle Studio features 35 Keiser bikes, a state-of-the-art Suunto heart rate monitor system, 60″ televisions to guide you up and down hills, a new sound system and beautiful views of the Hudson River. Our roster of talented Cycle instructors motivates Sports Center members through challenging and exciting workouts.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Wall: The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan is home to one of the largest indoor rock climbing gyms in New York City, and one of the most challenging rock walls in the country. The 46′ high by 100′ wide main wall, the 14′ high by 70′ wide bouldering wall and the adjacent 16′ high by 18′ wide bouldering cave offer over 11,000 square feet of sculpted, three-dimensional imprint climbing surface with numerous, and continually changing climbing routes that will challenge novice and expert climbers alike. In addition, a radically designed, over-hung competition roof provides experienced climbers with the ultimate challenge.
- Track & Running Programs: If running on the treadmill isn’t enough, the Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers features a 1/4-mile indoor running track and banked 200-meter competition track, with plenty of space to perfect your stride inside. Your membership at the Sports Club means you can stay on track year-round! Work out and train inside on our specially-cushioned Mondo surface — the surface of choice for both the Olympic Games and the World Track & Field Championships.
- Indoor Sand Volleyball: New York City’s only indoor sand volleyball court is available year-round for both pick-up games and unique cross-training regimens. Members enjoy unparalleled fitness benefits from the indoor sand volleyball court, including fine-tuning skills for the warm summer months, and using the sand as a resistance tool for running, fitness training and rehabilitation. Additionally, learn-to-play beach volleyball classes are held throughout the year, as well as open volleyball play. The adjacent hardwood basketball court doubles as a regulation-sized indoor volleyball court.
- Triathlon Training: The Sports Center, a USAT-certified Training Center, offers triathlon training programs for every level of athlete, from novice to expert, by offering a variety of levels, instructional forums, and individualized programming. Athletes are encouraged to pursue and attain his or her individual goals. With a 25-yard, 6-lane pool, 1/4-mile indoor track, spinning studio, new Keiser spin bikes and a location alongside the Hudson River Park bikeway/walkway, the Sports Center at Chelsea Piers is uniquely qualified to provide the most comprehensive triathlon-training program in New York City.
- Pilates Training: Are you looking to increase core strength to help you in other sports? Have you tried other Pilates studios in New York City, but want something more? Then check out the wide range of Pilates training classes and programs available at the Sports Center.
- Yoga: The Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers offers high quality yoga instruction and a comprehensive program of yoga classes that is comparable to New York City’s best yoga studios, but with all the additional benefits of a major sports club and gym membership. Our yoga classes are taught by highly experienced yoga instructors who specialize in an assortment of yoga disciplines, in spacious and sunny studios. In the summer, yoga classes are also held on the sundeck or on a nearby pier overlooking the Hudson River. The Sports Center offers over 20 yoga classes per week.
Members receive a variety of benefits from the Sports Center’s sponsors and preferred partners. Click on the links below to discover the wide range of benefits members can enjoy. An added value for Students joining the Chelsea Piers Sports Complex.
Started almost 20 years ago in a warehouse in Boston next to the “Old” Boston Garden – Boston Paintball is in it’s Fourth and FINAL location in the Parkway Plaza in Chelsea Ma. It has been a long road, one could say this has been 20 years in the making. Boston Paintball largest indoor playing facility in New England by far since 1992. Conveniently located off of Rte. 1 in Chelsea MA near the Parkway Plaza next to Home Depot. Easily accessible from Commuter Rail (Chelsea). We cater to players of all skill levels and specialize in first time players.
[showhide type="links" more_text="Group Packages and Booking" less_text="Hide Information"]
10 Person Group Rate
15 Person Group Rate
25 Person Group Rate
How to Reserve
Here’s a question we get all the time: Are there any indoor Rock wall climbing places in New Jersey? The answer is yes! The New Jersey Rock Gym in West Fairfield NJ is an awesome rock gym, if we’ve ever seen one! New Jersey Rock Gym is recognized as the area’s premier indoor climbing center, featuring state of the art climbing equipment. The gym offers the opportunity for climbers of all abilities to challenge and enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment. Our facilities include:
- Over 12,000 square feet of climbing terrain
- 4,000 square feet of dedicated bouldering
- 41 top rope stations
- Giant lead roof with room for up to five climbers at one time
- The largest free standing Boulder Island in New Jersey with challenging features, rappelling tower, and observation deck
- Bouldering Tunnel will follow-along ramp permits a climber to ascent up to 25′ without a rope
- Private refreshment room
- Climbers lounge with WiFi
- Pro Shop
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”College Group Trips – Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
Bored with conventional workouts? Welcome to indoor rock climbing, an exciting alternative to stepping, spinning and pumping iron. Contrary to popular belief, climbing isn’t just for elite athletes. Climbing increases endurance, strength, flexibility, and balance. And whatever your level of fitness or experience, climbing’s fun.
We offer instructional classes throughout the week for adults and children covering all aspects of the sport of rock climbing. Our goal is to provide families with a safe and friendly climbing environment while introducing children to the sport in a fun and exciting way. Our classes also provide the more serious-minded climber with outstanding climbing routes.
Top rope climbing is probably what pops into your head when you think of rock climbing. The climber ties in, while a person called the belayer controls the other end of the rope. With a reservation, we can set you up with a Staff Belayer, who will manage the ropes for up to four(4) people for an hour or more. If you want to learn to belay, we offer two-hour Belay Classes several times per week for ages 15 and up. You’ll learn knots, commands, belaying and basic climbing technique. Included with the class is a one-week trial membership, allowing you to come back and practice your skills with all the gear included! If you need a partner, check out our Partner Page for listings.
Youth Climbing Programs
Fridays: High School Night
High school students climb for $6.50 after 6:00pm; $3.00 additional for gear
Mondays: College Night
College students 22 and under climb for $6.50; $3.00 additional for gear