On and By the water
On and By the water
The Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex is a 28-acre waterfront sports village located between 17th and 23rd Streets along Manhattan’s Hudson River. Situated on Piers 59, 60 and 61 and in the headhouse that connects them, the complex features the following sports and entertainment venues:
- The Golf Club
- The Sports Center Health Club
- Sky Rink (dual hockey rinks)
- Field House
- 300 New York Bowling
- Several event spaces, a maritime center and production studios.
Chelsea Piers is located adjacent to Chelsea Cove Park, in the heart of Hudson River Park. The bikeway/walkway runs parallel to the Piers and the popular High Line is located one block east of Chelsea Piers.
With 80,000 square feet of fun, the Field House is the perfect location for your next school trip. The Field House can accommodate groups of 10 to 250, from elementary school to high school. Field trip activities include basketball, volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, whiffle ball, flag football, batting cages, gladiator games, rock climbing and gymnastics. For more info, visit us at the Chelsea Piers Field House.
At New York’s only year-round indoor twin ice rinks, school groups can enjoy a fun-filled day at one of the “coolest” places in town. Skate rentals are included. For more info, visit The Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers for Group Visits.
Field Trip Features
- Activity Options: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Dodgeball, Whiffle Ball, Flag Football, Batting Cages, Gladiator Games, Rock Climbing and Gymnastics
- Staff and equipment included
- Complimentary admission for all teachers/chaperon’s
- Healthy lunch can be coordinated on-site
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="College Group Programs - Click Here" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
College Students at Chelsea Piers
The Sports Center health club, NYC’s premier gym, offers a reduced membership rate for current students. The Sports Center features a 6-lane, 25-yard swimming pool, 3 basketball courts, boxing ring, indoor sand volleyball court, rock climbing wall, ¼-mile indoor track, state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment and over 100 group fitness classes per week.
For more info about Membership, visit Chelsea Piers Membership Page or call 212.336.6000
The Sports Center is definitely not your average neighborhood gym or fitness club. With more state-of-the-art sports facilities than any other club in New York City, and programs taught by many of the country’s top sports and fitness instructors, the Sports Center will inspire you to achieve all of your sports and fitness goals. New Year’s Resolutions are easy to keep at the Sports Center, because members are never bored. Many members join for one of our major sports amenities — such as the pool, the track, the boxing ring or our status as the only USA Triathlon Certified Training Center in the Northeast — but they stay because of the diversity of offerings and the caring staff that challenges, encourages and supports our exceptional community of dedicated members.
Chelsea piers Sports Center Health club Programs
- Indoor Pool & Aquatics Programs: We offer aquatics programs and training opportunities for swimmers of all experience levels, from beginners to elite competitors. Our impressive roster of accomplished aquatics trainers are adept at many different training modalities.
- Basketball: The Sports Center boasts three full-sized, hardwood basketball courts for both pick-up games and individual shooting. Plus, with personal trainers available for basketball training and tailored conditioning workout programs, the indoor courts are a flexible workout and training space. Whether you’re working on your foul shots or need a fun way to break a sweat, the Sports Center hardwood court infield is the perfect place to work on your game.
- Boxing Ring & Training Circuit: The Sports Center’s world-class boxing training program is led by highly skilled boxing instructors with years of competitive and training experience. Members enjoy both group classes and one-on-one training sessions in the regulation-sized boxing ring and full training circuit.Whether you plan to enter the boxing ring and compete, or simply want to add something new to your workout routine, the Sports Center’s boxing classes/lessons are a great place to start.
- Cycle Studio: The Sports Center’s Cycle Studio is perched on the mezzanine level along the catwalk to the pool and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass windows. This innovative new Cycle Studio features 35 Keiser bikes, a state-of-the-art Suunto heart rate monitor system, 60″ televisions to guide you up and down hills, a new sound system and beautiful views of the Hudson River. Our roster of talented Cycle instructors motivates Sports Center members through challenging and exciting workouts.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Wall: The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan is home to one of the largest indoor rock climbing gyms in New York City, and one of the most challenging rock walls in the country. The 46′ high by 100′ wide main wall, the 14′ high by 70′ wide bouldering wall and the adjacent 16′ high by 18′ wide bouldering cave offer over 11,000 square feet of sculpted, three-dimensional imprint climbing surface with numerous, and continually changing climbing routes that will challenge novice and expert climbers alike. In addition, a radically designed, over-hung competition roof provides experienced climbers with the ultimate challenge.
- Track & Running Programs: If running on the treadmill isn’t enough, the Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers features a 1/4-mile indoor running track and banked 200-meter competition track, with plenty of space to perfect your stride inside. Your membership at the Sports Club means you can stay on track year-round! Work out and train inside on our specially-cushioned Mondo surface — the surface of choice for both the Olympic Games and the World Track & Field Championships.
- Indoor Sand Volleyball: New York City’s only indoor sand volleyball court is available year-round for both pick-up games and unique cross-training regimens. Members enjoy unparalleled fitness benefits from the indoor sand volleyball court, including fine-tuning skills for the warm summer months, and using the sand as a resistance tool for running, fitness training and rehabilitation. Additionally, learn-to-play beach volleyball classes are held throughout the year, as well as open volleyball play. The adjacent hardwood basketball court doubles as a regulation-sized indoor volleyball court.
- Triathlon Training: The Sports Center, a USAT-certified Training Center, offers triathlon training programs for every level of athlete, from novice to expert, by offering a variety of levels, instructional forums, and individualized programming. Athletes are encouraged to pursue and attain his or her individual goals. With a 25-yard, 6-lane pool, 1/4-mile indoor track, spinning studio, new Keiser spin bikes and a location alongside the Hudson River Park bikeway/walkway, the Sports Center at Chelsea Piers is uniquely qualified to provide the most comprehensive triathlon-training program in New York City.
- Pilates Training: Are you looking to increase core strength to help you in other sports? Have you tried other Pilates studios in New York City, but want something more? Then check out the wide range of Pilates training classes and programs available at the Sports Center.
- Yoga: The Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers offers high quality yoga instruction and a comprehensive program of yoga classes that is comparable to New York City’s best yoga studios, but with all the additional benefits of a major sports club and gym membership. Our yoga classes are taught by highly experienced yoga instructors who specialize in an assortment of yoga disciplines, in spacious and sunny studios. In the summer, yoga classes are also held on the sundeck or on a nearby pier overlooking the Hudson River. The Sports Center offers over 20 yoga classes per week.
Members receive a variety of benefits from the Sports Center’s sponsors and preferred partners. Click on the links below to discover the wide range of benefits members can enjoy. An added value for Students joining the Chelsea Piers Sports Complex.
The Funplex in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey is your center for amusement park and water park action and fun, featuring 25 acres of indoor and outdoor activities the whole family will love! Enjoy great amusement park rides and attractions like Free Fall, Go-Karting electric Go-Karts, Foam Frenzy, Tilt-A-Whirl and Motion Simulator. We’ve also got amusement water park thrill with attractions like Splashing Speedway and Bumper Boats, with one-of-a-kind water slides, valves, cranks, water cannons, nets and sprays.
And we’re an indoor amusement park, too. Our 100,000 square-foot indoor facility is packed with state-of-the-art arcade games (with new, higher value prizes), exciting rides and great atmosphere to enjoy rain or shine. Check out our free concerts with fantastic performers, and contests guests can enter like Guitar Hero Jam and Funplex Idol! We’ve got great food and dining facilities at our cafe, too.
And there’s never a charge for parking, or an entrance fee or admission charge to get into the Funplex — unlike other amusement parks in the region. You can bring your kids, watch them enjoy the rides or play arcade games, and you don’t have to pay anything for yourself! And if you want to join the action, all our attractions are very reasonably priced, and you can buy wristbands for multiple attractions that make a visit even more economical. So come on down to the Funplex, your family amusement park, and have some fun!
Some of Amusements at Funplex in Mt. Laurel include:
- Bumper Cars
- Jr. Bumper Cars
- Electric Go Karts
- Foam Frenzy
- Lazer Runner
- Motion Simulator
- Splashin Speedway
- Free Fall
- Grand Prix Karts
- Kiddie Karts
- Miniature Golf
- Driving Range
Great fun at a great value!
Funplex — it’s more than fun, it’s a great deal!
There’s no admission, parking is free, and you can buy tickets for individual rides and attractions, or purchase any of a variety of all day passes so you can enjoy the rides and attractions you like best without limit!
You can now purchase tickets for our wristbands online! If making an online purchase, you must bring the credit card used for your purchase as well as ID matching the name on the credit card; online purchases will not be honored without this item. Once you make your purchase, just bring your ticket printout to our dedicated Online Sales station at the front counter
[calendarizeit venue=”(NJ) The Funplex Mt. Laurel”]
What makes us who we are? What makes Skytop the perfect Poconos destination? Is it the 5,500 acres of natural wonder? Our storybook setting? The endless experiences and adventures like the hiking, the Tree Top Adventure Center, or the world-class dining? Perhaps it’s our accommodations? The old-world charm of the Lodge, the Inn, or the Cottages? Or the fact that a world of wonders is right here, so far away from it all yet so close.
Skytop is the perfect Poconos experience. Blending natural wonder with breathtaking beauty, impeccable service and world-class amenities, Skytop stands alone as the premier Pocono Mountains resort. With family, with friends, or with that one you can’t live without, we invite you to experience Skytop for yourself. Schedule your time at the top today.
[showhide type=”typeA” more_text=”College Group Trips and Programs- Click Here” less_text=”Hide Information” hidden=”yes”]
“Up here you get the feeling your on top of the world”
Planning your next group road trip? The Adventure Center at Skytop Lodge is the perfect location. Set on a 5,500 acre estate, Skytop offers a plethora of skill-challenging activities. Adventurers will enjoy our 30-foot rock climbing wall and our Tree Top Adventure Zipline Course, set up in the trees of the forest or battle for supremacy on one of our Paintball fields. Experience the rush of leading your own pack of dogs on one of our dogsleds. Other activities like archery, horseshoes, tennis, and guided nature walks are a great way to get out doors and test your skills. Explore the many things to do in the Pocono Mountains at Skytop Lodge! Skytop Lodge makes a wonderful location for planning your next graduation trip or hosting your next prom or project graduation. With so much to so and over 5500 acres at your disposal, we offer endless possibilities to make your next event a memorable one!
Skytop Lodge is a member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America and sits on a 5,500 acre estate in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. Skytop boasts 193 guestrooms and an abundance of recreation – indoor and out! Come for the day or spend a night to truly savor the Skytop experience.
Visit the new Adventure Center at Skytop and challenge your skills on a 30-foot rock climbing wall, find your “inner-monkey” on our new Tree Top Adventure Course, battle for supremecy on one of our Paintball fields, or try your hand at Geocaching. And don’t forget archery, horseshoes, tennis, and guided nature walks. Explore the many things to do in the Poconos at Skytop Lodge!
Watch a short video on our exciting Adventure Center![youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTu2Tw6gCI%5D
Come Live the Adventure with these thrilling adventures:
- Treetop Zipline & Challenge Course – Soar through the treetops nestled in Skytop’s 5,500 acre Pocono Mountain estate. The course is securely suspended 10 to 50 feet off the ground with a total course length of over 3,000 feet!
- Paintball – Paintball is an exhilarating, fast paced sport that is quickly becoming a favorite across the nation. The featured activity of the Adventure Center, paintball is a great way for anyone 10 and up to release some stress and unlock their inner warrior. Several different fields are featured, ranging from natural environments to themed battlegrounds. So gather your friends, family and coworkers…and shoot at them.
- Rock Climbing- Give your family a new sense of freedom and adventure. We feature a 33-foot, custom-built wall with a real rock look and feel. Our six-sided wall progresses from beginner to advanced climbing challenges, which allow for climbers of all ages and abilities to take part in the excitement. Each climber is belayed and instructed by an Adventure Center staff member. Sessions start every hour, on the hour. Classes are also available for those who want to learn the proper safety information, equipment and skills to become a more avid rock climber.
- Laser Tag – Indoor laser tag is an excellent activity for groups of all ages and a great way to enjoy some family fun–rain or shine. The field features inflatable bunkers resembling oil drums, wooden crates, walls and even an army tank. Each player uses an interactive Barracuda laser tag gun in games that vary from free-for-all battles to team play. Private games are also available.
- Whitewater Rafting – Experience a day of pure outdoor fun on the nearby Lehigh River Gorge. Your exclusive 4-hour rafting adventure includes dozens of fun-filled rapids, fabulous wilderness scenery, a scrumptious on-river Skytop boxed lunch, and the personal attention of your very own river guide. You’ll laugh. You’ll scream. And you’ll soak yourself silly on this awesome whitewater rafting trip…made even better by a special whitewater dam release! That means extra water, bigger rapids, and more fun than ever! There are lots of Class II and Class III rapids, which mean plenty of action for experienced rafters and great fun for first-timers, too! Limited space and limited dates – reserve soon!
- Mountain Biking – Learn to conquer the rock gardens, bridges, and tight turns of Skytop’s mountain biking trails. Go ride with an Adventure Center instructor or rent a mountain bike for your own personal riding experience. The class and rental fee both include an approved mountain biking helmet, which is required when using any of the mountain biking trails at Skytop.
- Wilderness Skills Class – Classes offered by the Adventure Center staff cover an array of survival skills, from fire building to the use of medicinal plants and improvised shelter construction. Every class is different and can be customized to cover the topics and the skills that interest each individual group.
- Geocaching and GPS Basics – Explore the basics of navigating with a Global Positioning Satellite unit in a 30-minute class. Then discover the delights of Geocaching as you use your new skills to find Skytop’s hidden caches. Minimum age is 13 years old without an adult participant.
- Outback UTV Tours – Experience our 5,500 acres on a guided Outback UTV Tour. This unique adventure will take you on an exploration of a variety of wildlife and foliage, including breathtaking views form West Mountain and Indian Ladder Falls. Learn interesting facts from your tour guide that make Skytop a truly unique destination. Tours available from 1-2 hours.
- Grand March
- Tree Top Adventure Course
- Lawn Bowling
- Indoor & Outdoor pool, and beach
- Paddle Tennis
- Nature & Wildlife Programs
- Guided Nature Walks
- Yoga on the Trail
- History Walks
- Row boats
- Paddle Boats
- Indoor & Outdoor Swimming
- Camp in the Clouds
- Children’s Activities
- Afternoon Tea
- Reptile & Amphibian Talk & Feedings
- Art Classes
- Hay Rides
- And more!
[showhide type="pressrelease" more_text="Winter Activities at Skytop Lodge" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
SKYTOP SKI SCHOOL
Ski or ride your way down our gentle slopes with a vertical drop of 295 feet. Or if you prefer to get your heart racing among the beautiful Pocono Mountains, embark on a cross-country skiing adventure, traveling trails from Indian Ladder Falls to Goose Pond to back-country routes.
The best thing about a ski getaway to Skytop is that every guest receives a COMPLIMENTARY LIFT TICKET AND SHUTTLE!
Because Skytop prides itself on our natural environment, all winter activities are weather permitting. Ski and snowboard rentals are available, and lessons are offered to “Little Flurries” ages 2 to 4, through Skytop’s Ski School.
Skytop Ski School
Take advantage of Skytop Lodge’s professional Ski School for adults and children as young as two years old! Snowboarding lessons are also available from age 7 and up. Find more information on our Ski School here.
From the very beginning, dog sledding has been a part of the Skytop experience. You can follow in our founders’ tracks through the Pocono mountains, except up here, you can do it year-round. We offer sleds in the winter and carts or UTV’s in the summer. Join us for training and to learn about how our huskies live up here at Skytop. As you can imagine, they live pretty well.
Glide across the ice and float your way to the top. Strap on a pair of blades and polish your ice skating skills at our outdoor, weather-protected rink. Fun for the entire family! Our weekend Late Night Candle Light Skate is a Skytop tradition that will create memories you’ll cherish forever! Skate rentals are available.
Ice skating opens on Thanksgiving, and stays open through winter. Call for more information.
When the temperatures are cold enough, and our lake is frozen over – come feel the rush of the run. Just one more reason to love the winter wonderland at Skytop Lodge!
Morning and Afternoon sessions are available, Saturday and Sunday only.
Get out and see the great outdoors, no matter what the weather! Trek the back country on a snowshoe adventure!
[showhide type="links" more_text="Lodging & Dining at Skytop Lodge" less_text="Hide Information"]
Skytop Lodge offers a selection of Poconos lodging and accommodations that are as unique as the needs of our guests. And they’re all designed to reflect the colors and textures of the landscape, creating a seamless harmony with the environment.
Every exquisite detail contributes to this charming retreat, from sumptuous bed linens to ornately crafted furniture. And many rooms offer resplendent views from a porch or balcony, from the sweeping vistas of the Poconos golf course to tranquil Skytop Lake to the sun-kissed flowers, majestic mountains and immaculate grounds.
Staying with us is truly an experience. Rates include your room, three meals per person daily, and access to a number of activities.
Your choices to stay at the top include:
The Main Lodge
Treasured for nearly a century, The Main Lodge at Skytop offers spacious suites and unique, on-site pleasures. Learn more
The Inn Standing over our award-winning Pocono Mountains Golf Course, the Inn at Skytop offers elegantly appointed guest rooms and executive suites. Learn more
These are picture-perfect Poconos cottages, ideal for families and friends looking to make the most of their time together. Learn more
Stream Side Cottages
Available with stream, golf, or Lodge views, our Stream Side Cottage accommodations are decorated in the contemporary style. Learn more
Let us know how we can deliver the perfect Poconos experience at Skytop. Learn more
Skytop offers a feast for the senses. Sights, sounds, smells, textures, and tastes all come together through the scenery, the surroundings, and, of course, the cuisine.
Whether it’s lunch, brunch, dinner, or drinks and dessert, you can savor every moment and meal at Skytop. Our dining options include:
Windsor Dining Room
Located in the Main Lodge, the Windsor Dining room offers contemporary cuisine in a classic setting. Learn more
A seasonal restaurant looking over Skytop’s 18-hole championship-level golf course, Skytop’s LakeView restaurant is revered by many. Learn more
Located in the Inn at Skytop and overlooking Skytop’s first tee, the Fairview Bar is the perfect place to gather before or after your round of golf or for an intimate gathering with family and friends. Learn more
Casual lunches, afternoon or after-dinner cocktails, or late-night conversations over a Pennsylvania craft beer or cognac Skytop’s Tap Room is open from noon to midnight. Learn more
Milkshakes, ice cream or simple, popular snacks, all your favorites are available at the Skytop Tea Room. Learn more
Wherever you choose to dine with us, we ask that you help us uphold an atmosphere of elegance. More formal attire is required for the Windsor Dining Room. Our LakeView Restaurant and the Inn at Skytop are more casual, but still refined.
[calendarizeit venue=”(PA) Skytop Lodge”]
For over 30 years the Town Tinker Tube Rental has provided whitewater equipment for adrenaline seekers to come and experience the intensity of the rapids on the Esopus Creek.
The Course begins up stream from the Town Tinker headquarters, in Phoenicia NY and contains the best and most extreme whitewater the Esopus has to offer. Depending on the water height an average tubing trip takes between 1 ½ to 2 hours. Transportation to the entry points is provided by the Town Tinker Tube Taxi.
The Esopus Creek is “ NOT ” a lazy river! It’s class II whitewater which means 1 to 3 foot waves and rapids. It is not a man made amusement park ride; there are real rocks and trees that can get in your way. Tubers must be physically capable of maneuvering around obstacles and have the ability to recover when tossed out of the tube.
The Town Tinker Staff is expertly trained to supply you with all of the equipment and gear needed. All tubers will receive safety instructions on how to properly use the equipment and what to look out for on the creek. There are no guides or attendants on the Esopus so tubing is at your own risk.
All Tubers must be over 12 year’s old and good swimmers. Life jackets are mandatory and helmets are strongly suggested. Helmets are required for ages 12-14.
Tubing at with the Town Tinker Tube Rental is fun, exciting, and a Summer Adventure you’re sure to remember.
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="College Road Trips- Click Here" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
Town Tinker Tube Rental
Whitewater Tubing with the Town Tinker Tube Rental makes for an adventure your next outdoor road trip will always remember. Open on Memorial Day Weekend, let yourself and friends experience a end of year road trip that they will always cherish and remember. We welcome groups of any size and can accommodate you and your colleagues with all the things that they need to enjoy the day whitewater tubing. Town Tinker tube rental is not only a great choice for a road trip but also makes a great end of the year Graduation trip for Seniors!
The Town Tinker also has a large group Picnic area available. Please call for more information.
Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
“The World’s Most Famous Boat Ride, Year-Round”
Since 1945, Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises has hosted over 60 million passengers in New York. Today, Circle Line is the only cruise line dedicated exclusively to sightseeing, with vessels made of steel and over-sized glass windows that offer magnificent views of the Manhattan skyline, all year round. Owned and operated by New York Cruise Lines Inc., New York’s oldest and largest provider of scheduled and chartered sightseeing and special event cruises, Circle Line is recognized as one of the most famous boat rides in the world.
[showhide type="links" more_text="Sightseeing Tour Options - Click for More Information" less_text="Hide Information"]
Sightseeing Tour Options
All Circle Line vessels offer first-class service, the best viewing opportunities and an entertaining, informative tour given by professional guides.
Depart on Circle Line’s most popular cruise year round and discover Manhattan like the great explorers. Take in over 101 city sights, including a magnificent close-up of the Statue of Liberty and:
Cruise Duration: 2.5 Hours (approx.)
- The Octagon
- Randall’s Island
- High Bridge Park
- Columbia University
- Gracie Mansion
- South Street Seaport
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Yankee Stadium
- The Cloisters
- Grant’s Tomb
- The Little Red Lighthouse And more!
Experience the grandeur of midtown and lower Manhattan. Witness magnificent views of the world’s premier skyline and a “close encounter” of the best kind with the Statue of Liberty. The Circle Line passes every sight two times, making this cruise ideal for getting just the “right” photo of your favorite landmarks, including:
Cruise Duration: 1.5 Hours (approx.)
- USS Intrepid Pier
- Hoboken Pier
- Pier 54 (Titanic Pier)
- Newport Center
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
- Battery Park
- The Museum Of Jewish Heritage
- Ellis Island
- Wall Street
- South Street Seaport and Museum
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Chrysler Building
- Empire State Building
- World Financial Center
- United Nations
The fastest and best way to see the Statue of Liberty! Sail down the Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty and back, viewing such sights as Ellis Island, the historic immigration center, the rising Freedom Tower, and the World Financial Center, along the way. Each of our cruise options includes a close look at the Statue of Liberty.
Cruise Duration: 1 Hour (approx.)
For something a bit more romantic, set sail on the same route as the Semi-Circle Cruise as the sun sets and the skyline comes alive at night. Cruise down the Hudson, around the Battery, up the East River, and back to the 42nd Street Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises pier. Along the way, witness the world’s premier skyline and a close-up view of Lady Liberty, and a host of sights, including:
Cruise Duration: 1.5 Hours (approx.)
- USS Intrepid Pier
- Hoboken Pier Pier 54 (Titanic Pier)
- Newport Center
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
- Battery Park
- The Museum Of Jewish Heritage
- Ellis Island
- Wall Street
- South Street Seaport and Museum
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Chrysler Building And more!
The BEAST is done for the season but will be back in May 2014. Please check back for details. Hold onto your hats because for 30 fun-filled minutes the Beast leaves all others in its wake as the Captain takes this custom-built 70-foot offshore racing powerboat up to 45 mph on a ride down to the Statue of Liberty. (Children must be 40”/100cm.)
[calendarizeit venue=”(NY) Circle Line Sightseeing”]