Chelsea Piers Connecticut was developed and is managed by the same management team that built and currently manages the highly acclaimed Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment complex in New York City (http://www.chelseapiers.com). Like Chelsea Piers New York, it is our mission to provide an unparalleled athletic environment that is always Clean, Safe, Friendly and Fun.
Our facilities are first-rate in every way and comparable in scope to a college athletic complex. The quality of our facilities are only surpassed by the quality of our instructors and programming. We hire top-notch program directors and instructors in every sport that we offer — these professionals are not only experts in their respective sport, but are also highly gifted teachers who know how to work with athletes as young as 2 and as 92.
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="Chelsea Piers Connecticut Programming Available" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
Chelsea Piers Connecticut programming highlights:
- Learn-to-play group instruction
- High-level instruction and training
- Camps and Clinics
- Youth and adult leagues
- Private lessons
- Chelsea Piers competitive teams
- Meets, competitions and tournaments
- Facility rentals to independent clubs and schools
- Drop-in training and recreational play
- Birthday Parties
- Corporate and Social Events
Membership is not required at Chelsea Piers Connecticut, however, we offer optional membership opportunities that provide a cost-effective and convenient way to take full advantage of our facility offerings.
Aquatics Center at Chelsea Piers Connecticut
The Aquatics Center at Chelsea Piers is a place where children and adults of all ages can learn to swim, join a competitive team, compete in meets, train for triathlons, enjoy an aquatic workout or a day of fun in one of Connecticut’s biggest indoor water play areas. With three different pools and a family-friendly membership program, the Aquatics Center brings together an unmatched array of water-based programs – all under one roof.
The Courts at Chelsea Piers
Chelsea Piers Connecticut features a state-of-the-art basketball / volleyball center located adjacent to the facility’s 60,000 square-foot indoor field (300′ x 175′). The courts can be divided into two basketball courts or four volleyball courts.
Sports programs abound on Chelsea Piers’ multipurpose turf fields and indoor track. The playing fields are used by youths and adults for training, league play and tournaments in soccer, lacrosse, baseball, softball, field hockey, football, Ultimate Frisbee and more.
Expert instruction and professionally-managed leagues are the hallmark of the Fields at Chelsea Piers. In addition to semester length after-school programs and league play, there are drop-in activities, weekend sports specialty camps, tournaments and summer camps. The Fields also accommodate birthday parties, school outings, competitions, tournaments and corporate team building activities.
In addition, athletes enrolled in Fields-based programming may also utilize the small turf field at the Baseball/Softball Center and specialty training services offered by BlueStreak Sports Training.
Gymnastics at Chelsea Piers
The Gymnastics Center at Chelsea Piers is one of the largest and best-equipped gymnastics training centers in the United States.
With over 15,000 square feet of gymnastic equipment, the facility features 2 competition spring floors, deep foam training pits, an in-ground TumblTrak, a rod floor, in-ground trampolines and multiple sets of men’s and women’s Olympic equipment. The gymnastics center also features a large preschool area equiped with the best training equipment for young athletes.
Preschool, youth recreational, competitive teams and adult programs are staffed by experienced and accomplished instructors. In addition to after-school and weekend programming, the Gymnastics Center at Chelsea Piers offers an extensive selection of summer camps. To learn more about summer camps,click here.
Rounding out the programming list are Parkour classes, birthday parties, teambuilding events and drop-in sessions in the gym, our 1,000 sq. ft. toddler gym, and our 3,000 sq. ft. separate trampoline and Adventure Center.
The Rinks at Chelsea Piers
The Rinks at Chelsea Piers, a dual-rink facility located at the Stamford, Connecticut sports complex, operates seven days a week, welcoming skaters of all ages and ability levels for ice hockey, league play, figure skating, general skating, birthday parties and more. The Rinks at Chelsea Piers is the premier ice skating facility in Fairfield County.
The Squash Club at Chelsea Piers is one of the premier squash facilities in the country. With twelve professional quality courts (11 singles and 1 hardball doubles), the Squash Club offers an incredible array of programming, including private lessons, clinics, after-school programs, camps, youth & adult leagues, competitive tournaments and special exhibition events.
Tennis Club Overview
The Tennis Club at Chelsea Piers is a vibrant place for adults and juniors to learn and play tennis year round. Extensive program offerings include 10 and Under tennis, summer camps for kids, seasonal courts, adult clinics, private lessons, adult league play and organized, social tennis events.
The 65,000-square-foot Tennis Club features 7 indoor courts with spectator viewing areas around the perimeter, making it an ideal location for competitive matches. Well-appointed locker rooms and a restaurant/bar are available on the mezzanine level.
Batting Cages at Chelsea Piers
Chelsea Piers Connecticut has 5 state-of-the-art batting cages by Master Pitch. All of our machines are arm-style, which means with each pitch you see the machine’s arm wind up and release the ball. This gives the batter the same sense of timing achieved by watching the pitcher’s arm and release of the ball. It is the realistic nature of the machine (the only type of pitching machine of its kind) that allows you to practice the same fundamentals during practice as you use during a real game. Each cage offers fast pitch, medium pitch and slow pitch softball and baseball and can accommodate right handers and left handers. Two of the cages are wider and flatter to accommodate one-on-one coaching. The batting cages are ideal for individuals, little league teams, adult teams, parties or just plain fun! Batters may bring their own bats and helmets or use the ones provided by Chelsea Piers.
The Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex is a 28-acre waterfront sports village located between 17th and 23rd Streets along Manhattan’s Hudson River. Situated on Piers 59, 60 and 61 and in the headhouse that connects them, the complex features the following sports and entertainment venues:
- The Golf Club
- The Sports Center Health Club
- Sky Rink (dual hockey rinks)
- Field House
- 300 New York Bowling
- Several event spaces, a maritime center and production studios.
Chelsea Piers is located adjacent to Chelsea Cove Park, in the heart of Hudson River Park. The bikeway/walkway runs parallel to the Piers and the popular High Line is located one block east of Chelsea Piers.
With 80,000 square feet of fun, the Field House is the perfect location for your next school trip. The Field House can accommodate groups of 10 to 250, from elementary school to high school. Field trip activities include basketball, volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, whiffle ball, flag football, batting cages, gladiator games, rock climbing and gymnastics. For more info, visit us at the Chelsea Piers Field House.
At New York’s only year-round indoor twin ice rinks, school groups can enjoy a fun-filled day at one of the “coolest” places in town. Skate rentals are included. For more info, visit The Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers for Group Visits.
Field Trip Features
- Activity Options: Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Dodgeball, Whiffle Ball, Flag Football, Batting Cages, Gladiator Games, Rock Climbing and Gymnastics
- Staff and equipment included
- Complimentary admission for all teachers/chaperon’s
- Healthy lunch can be coordinated on-site
[showhide type="typeA" more_text="College Group Programs - Click Here" less_text="Hide Information" hidden="yes"]
College Students at Chelsea Piers
The Sports Center health club, NYC’s premier gym, offers a reduced membership rate for current students. The Sports Center features a 6-lane, 25-yard swimming pool, 3 basketball courts, boxing ring, indoor sand volleyball court, rock climbing wall, ¼-mile indoor track, state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment and over 100 group fitness classes per week.
For more info about Membership, visit Chelsea Piers Membership Page or call 212.336.6000
The Sports Center is definitely not your average neighborhood gym or fitness club. With more state-of-the-art sports facilities than any other club in New York City, and programs taught by many of the country’s top sports and fitness instructors, the Sports Center will inspire you to achieve all of your sports and fitness goals. New Year’s Resolutions are easy to keep at the Sports Center, because members are never bored. Many members join for one of our major sports amenities — such as the pool, the track, the boxing ring or our status as the only USA Triathlon Certified Training Center in the Northeast — but they stay because of the diversity of offerings and the caring staff that challenges, encourages and supports our exceptional community of dedicated members.
Chelsea piers Sports Center Health club Programs
- Indoor Pool & Aquatics Programs: We offer aquatics programs and training opportunities for swimmers of all experience levels, from beginners to elite competitors. Our impressive roster of accomplished aquatics trainers are adept at many different training modalities.
- Basketball: The Sports Center boasts three full-sized, hardwood basketball courts for both pick-up games and individual shooting. Plus, with personal trainers available for basketball training and tailored conditioning workout programs, the indoor courts are a flexible workout and training space. Whether you’re working on your foul shots or need a fun way to break a sweat, the Sports Center hardwood court infield is the perfect place to work on your game.
- Boxing Ring & Training Circuit: The Sports Center’s world-class boxing training program is led by highly skilled boxing instructors with years of competitive and training experience. Members enjoy both group classes and one-on-one training sessions in the regulation-sized boxing ring and full training circuit.Whether you plan to enter the boxing ring and compete, or simply want to add something new to your workout routine, the Sports Center’s boxing classes/lessons are a great place to start.
- Cycle Studio: The Sports Center’s Cycle Studio is perched on the mezzanine level along the catwalk to the pool and surrounded by floor-to-ceiling glass windows. This innovative new Cycle Studio features 35 Keiser bikes, a state-of-the-art Suunto heart rate monitor system, 60″ televisions to guide you up and down hills, a new sound system and beautiful views of the Hudson River. Our roster of talented Cycle instructors motivates Sports Center members through challenging and exciting workouts.
- Indoor Rock Climbing Wall: The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan is home to one of the largest indoor rock climbing gyms in New York City, and one of the most challenging rock walls in the country. The 46′ high by 100′ wide main wall, the 14′ high by 70′ wide bouldering wall and the adjacent 16′ high by 18′ wide bouldering cave offer over 11,000 square feet of sculpted, three-dimensional imprint climbing surface with numerous, and continually changing climbing routes that will challenge novice and expert climbers alike. In addition, a radically designed, over-hung competition roof provides experienced climbers with the ultimate challenge.
- Track & Running Programs: If running on the treadmill isn’t enough, the Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers features a 1/4-mile indoor running track and banked 200-meter competition track, with plenty of space to perfect your stride inside. Your membership at the Sports Club means you can stay on track year-round! Work out and train inside on our specially-cushioned Mondo surface — the surface of choice for both the Olympic Games and the World Track & Field Championships.
- Indoor Sand Volleyball: New York City’s only indoor sand volleyball court is available year-round for both pick-up games and unique cross-training regimens. Members enjoy unparalleled fitness benefits from the indoor sand volleyball court, including fine-tuning skills for the warm summer months, and using the sand as a resistance tool for running, fitness training and rehabilitation. Additionally, learn-to-play beach volleyball classes are held throughout the year, as well as open volleyball play. The adjacent hardwood basketball court doubles as a regulation-sized indoor volleyball court.
- Triathlon Training: The Sports Center, a USAT-certified Training Center, offers triathlon training programs for every level of athlete, from novice to expert, by offering a variety of levels, instructional forums, and individualized programming. Athletes are encouraged to pursue and attain his or her individual goals. With a 25-yard, 6-lane pool, 1/4-mile indoor track, spinning studio, new Keiser spin bikes and a location alongside the Hudson River Park bikeway/walkway, the Sports Center at Chelsea Piers is uniquely qualified to provide the most comprehensive triathlon-training program in New York City.
- Pilates Training: Are you looking to increase core strength to help you in other sports? Have you tried other Pilates studios in New York City, but want something more? Then check out the wide range of Pilates training classes and programs available at the Sports Center.
- Yoga: The Sports Center at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers offers high quality yoga instruction and a comprehensive program of yoga classes that is comparable to New York City’s best yoga studios, but with all the additional benefits of a major sports club and gym membership. Our yoga classes are taught by highly experienced yoga instructors who specialize in an assortment of yoga disciplines, in spacious and sunny studios. In the summer, yoga classes are also held on the sundeck or on a nearby pier overlooking the Hudson River. The Sports Center offers over 20 yoga classes per week.
Members receive a variety of benefits from the Sports Center’s sponsors and preferred partners. Click on the links below to discover the wide range of benefits members can enjoy. An added value for Students joining the Chelsea Piers Sports Complex.
The Funplex in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey is your center for amusement park and water park action and fun, featuring 25 acres of indoor and outdoor activities the whole family will love! Enjoy great amusement park rides and attractions like Free Fall, Go-Karting electric Go-Karts, Foam Frenzy, Tilt-A-Whirl and Motion Simulator. We’ve also got amusement water park thrill with attractions like Splashing Speedway and Bumper Boats, with one-of-a-kind water slides, valves, cranks, water cannons, nets and sprays.
And we’re an indoor amusement park, too. Our 100,000 square-foot indoor facility is packed with state-of-the-art arcade games (with new, higher value prizes), exciting rides and great atmosphere to enjoy rain or shine. Check out our free concerts with fantastic performers, and contests guests can enter like Guitar Hero Jam and Funplex Idol! We’ve got great food and dining facilities at our cafe, too.
And there’s never a charge for parking, or an entrance fee or admission charge to get into the Funplex — unlike other amusement parks in the region. You can bring your kids, watch them enjoy the rides or play arcade games, and you don’t have to pay anything for yourself! And if you want to join the action, all our attractions are very reasonably priced, and you can buy wristbands for multiple attractions that make a visit even more economical. So come on down to the Funplex, your family amusement park, and have some fun!
Some of Amusements at Funplex in Mt. Laurel include:
- Bumper Cars
- Jr. Bumper Cars
- Electric Go Karts
- Foam Frenzy
- Lazer Runner
- Motion Simulator
- Splashin Speedway
- Free Fall
- Grand Prix Karts
- Kiddie Karts
- Miniature Golf
- Driving Range
Great fun at a great value!
Funplex — it’s more than fun, it’s a great deal!
There’s no admission, parking is free, and you can buy tickets for individual rides and attractions, or purchase any of a variety of all day passes so you can enjoy the rides and attractions you like best without limit!
You can now purchase tickets for our wristbands online! If making an online purchase, you must bring the credit card used for your purchase as well as ID matching the name on the credit card; online purchases will not be honored without this item. Once you make your purchase, just bring your ticket printout to our dedicated Online Sales station at the front counter
[calendarizeit venue=”(NJ) The Funplex Mt. Laurel”]
Started almost 20 years ago in a warehouse in Boston next to the “Old” Boston Garden – Boston Paintball is in it’s Fourth and FINAL location in the Parkway Plaza in Chelsea Ma. It has been a long road, one could say this has been 20 years in the making. Boston Paintball largest indoor playing facility in New England by far since 1992. Conveniently located off of Rte. 1 in Chelsea MA near the Parkway Plaza next to Home Depot. Easily accessible from Commuter Rail (Chelsea). We cater to players of all skill levels and specialize in first time players.
[showhide type="links" more_text="Group Packages and Booking" less_text="Hide Information"]
10 Person Group Rate
15 Person Group Rate
25 Person Group Rate
How to Reserve