For those of you whom are not familiar with Kindle, no worries. You are not alone. I was one of those people that had no idea what a kindle is. Yes, I do not shop at amazon very often but thats just me. SO, here is the scoop on the Kindle. The kindle is a amazon.com device that gives you access to over a million books, hundreds of magazines and newspapers like Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, popular Science and much more. Now, designed for the Iphone is the Kindle app. You can access all these media outlets straight out of Iphone or Ipad. Talk about saving a trip to the library! So with that said, getting the Kindle app for your phone asides from you giving you access to millions of books and articles out there is that it saves you the cost of actually buying a kindle! Best part is the app is free for all you apple lovers! Check out all the different features this app offers and decide for yourself. But, honestly access to to that much stuff and its free is kind of hard to pass. A great resource app for Students and anyone that is PRO GREEN!
Kindle App Features
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
- Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: over a million books, including over 800,000 at $9.99 or less.
- *New for iPad*: Customers now have access to the huge selection of over 400 magazines and newspapers that are available on Kindle Fire. Magazines such as Martha Stewart Living, Food Network Magazine, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Popular Science and many more are displayed in rich full-color pages. Customers can buy a single issue or subscribe to popular magazines and leading newspapers and have them wirelessly delivered to the Kindle for iPad app.
- *New for iPad*: Read print replica textbooks including rich formatting and layout of the print editions and support for notes and highlights, zoom and pan, and linked table of contents.
- *New*: Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
- Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist and Reader’s Digest with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues.
- Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format. • Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition.
- Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
- Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages. • You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, PC, Mac, Android-based device, and Windows Phone 7-based device. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
* Selection and price of books and periodicals in the Kindle Store may vary by country.