Group Text – SMS All your Friends in one TEXT!
Here is a great paid app called group text. Texting has become the next greatest thing to e-mail or call. More people nowadays tend to text rather call. Here is a great app that allows you to text a group of people based on contact lists that you create. For example, students in a class looking to creating a study group for a project. With Group text, you can create a customized group of people and have that group stored in your phone. When you want to send a text to all those in that group, it can be done in a matter of clicks rather then searching for everyone or typing each individual name from your contacts. Group texts is sure to make life a little easier as far as texting goes.
Group Text Description
With Group Text! you can easily send mass texts (on iPhone) or mass iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and text contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service depending on your settings.
User’s guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, the few negative reviews are from people that have not read the user’s guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
Group Text Features:
- Send mass text messages / iMessages (Group Text)
- Easy and quick interface
- Use address book groups;
- Handpick set of contacts from address book
- Select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- Create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- Distribution lists are very useful if you have contacts with more than one phone number or if you don’t want to create groups only to group text them
- Optionally create and use message templates
- Setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- Setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- Group Text Alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- Optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- Save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- Exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- Print lists (iOS4.2 and supported printer required)
- Retina display support
- Works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod, iOS5 or greater required, can send only iMessages)
- Visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- Insert contact information in message text
- Insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- Insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- Preview templates
- Preview CSV files
- Landscape support
- Uses iCloud to sync lists and templates to all your devices
Note: Group Text can’t use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
Note: Group Text can not have pictures or vcards that can be added to the text at the moment because of limitations of what apps can do.
GROUP TEXT IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS6 OR IOS4 :
If you’re experiencing issues sending to large groups on iOS6 or iOS4, check the setting of “Group Messaging” on the iPhone settings. If the option is available, set it to OFF (yes OFF) to be able to send to large groups. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site.
GROUP TEXT IMPORTANT NOTE FOR iOS5 USERS:
For group texting with to work on iPhone with iOS5 when sending to at least one non-iMessage recipient you have to turn OFF iMessage, MMS and Group Messaging on the device settings. Please contact us for more details or take a look at the support page on the web site. It is suggested to update to iOS6.
Cost: 2.99 Apple
Cost: Free DroidClick Here to Purchase for Iphone Click here to download for Droid